I am traveling - again

Though not through Iowa, Southern California, or Western New York.  



Goodbye Italy, Hello Austria.  A day of dull driving (but at least I got caught up on blogging!) 




Fog and drear abounded, but it was fun watching the change in architecture and city styles as we neared the border.  

But at the end, we reached Vienna.  Our little (!!!) apartment is right near the heart of town, but we had forgotten that everything rolls up early, so no grocery store was open at 8:15.  Oops.  Our hotel in Venice didn't have a fridge so most of our food got tossed, but we did have some packaged crepes, nutella, a jar of spaghetti sauce, and some apricot jelly.  Along with two bouillon cubes and bit of pasta and rice left behind by the previous tenants, we managed to cobble together something resembling dinner.  Though I will admit that beef broth with rice, bowties with arrabiata, and nutella/jam crepes was a bit of an odd combo.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.