Wisdom should be cultivated.....
Jonathan is currently fully living out the adage "Whoever coined the term Terrible Twos obviously killed their child before they turned three." However, he does seem to learn. Sometimes.
This evening, he was getting ready for bed.
Well no, not really. He was supposed to be getting ready for bed. Totally different ball of colored horse wax. Instead of getting ready for bed, he was conniving Bronwyn into holding him, wandering around the house in various states of undress, jumping on the bed, playing hide & seek in his closet........ You get the picture.
(As a note, he still hasn't quite figured out that S consonent blend thing yet. Sometimes he drops the S, sometimes he replaces it with other letters. Hearing him talk about the frozen white stuff is like having a big argument. NO! NO!! Look! NO!!!!!! But I try to translate words as they are spoken. So when he is tired, he goes to fleep.)
"Jonathan, have you gone to the bathroom?"
"No."
"Okay, then please go to the bathroom."
flops to the floor atop his blanket "No, I tired. I want to go fleep"
MEAN MOMMY TM must intervene. "AHEM!!!!!"
hurriedly jumps up from the floor and scurries off, yelling "I go to the bathroom and then I be tired and fleep!"
Smart boy.
This evening, he was getting ready for bed.
Well no, not really. He was supposed to be getting ready for bed. Totally different ball of colored horse wax. Instead of getting ready for bed, he was conniving Bronwyn into holding him, wandering around the house in various states of undress, jumping on the bed, playing hide & seek in his closet........ You get the picture.
(As a note, he still hasn't quite figured out that S consonent blend thing yet. Sometimes he drops the S, sometimes he replaces it with other letters. Hearing him talk about the frozen white stuff is like having a big argument. NO! NO!! Look! NO!!!!!! But I try to translate words as they are spoken. So when he is tired, he goes to fleep.)
"Jonathan, have you gone to the bathroom?"
"No."
"Okay, then please go to the bathroom."
flops to the floor atop his blanket "No, I tired. I want to go fleep"
MEAN MOMMY TM must intervene. "AHEM!!!!!"
hurriedly jumps up from the floor and scurries off, yelling "I go to the bathroom and then I be tired and fleep!"
Smart boy.
Comments
Angela, however, believes Jonathan can be credited with the coining of a new and very descriptive word: "Fleep - noun, combination of 'sleep' and 'flop' as in the nocturnal behavior of toddlers and teens"