Vocabularly lessons

Rebecca tends to try and get out of her vocabulary lessons. We start with a fairly simple word. She is supposed to tell me the definition (or a synonym or antonym) and then make a sentence with that word in it. Usually the sentences are something like, "Good morning." "Joseph is shy." or "I am happy" And I have to remind her that she needs to use a sentence that explains what the word means. It becomes rather tedious repeating this at least once for each of the 10 words.

One of today's words was hopeful. I totally expected "I am hopeful" and so was literally speechless when she said,
"Hopeful is when you think about good things. I am hopeful because Mary saw an angel"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.