Prayers and comprehension
During Mass this morning, I was pointing out the various parts of the liturgy to Jonathan. In the Maronite Rite, the words of consecration are said in Aramaic. I translated the long beautiful prayer into the simplistic Jonthan memorable, "This is My Body. Do this in memory of me"
Father Don raised up the chalice and I pointed to it, asking Jonathan, "Jonathan! What does Fr. Don have?" I expect to hear him tell me it's the cup, or the wine, or even the chalice -- a word he's been attempting to master with little comprehension on the part of the listener. I was rather taken aback when he loudly crowed:
"My Body!!!!!!!! Jesus' My Body!"
Father Don raised up the chalice and I pointed to it, asking Jonathan, "Jonathan! What does Fr. Don have?" I expect to hear him tell me it's the cup, or the wine, or even the chalice -- a word he's been attempting to master with little comprehension on the part of the listener. I was rather taken aback when he loudly crowed:
"My Body!!!!!!!! Jesus' My Body!"
Comments