And she continues with the zingers
At lunchtime, the kids took their raisins and peanuts outside to "have a picnic" while watching Daddy put up the Christmas lights. I took the camera in order to catch some candid shots. Rebecca saw the camera and immediately started posing. I cajoled her to just eat her lunch. She looked at me and very earnestly signed to me.
"What? Sign it again."
She signed it again. I sighed. "No Rebecca, you cannot have cheese with your picnic. You already have peanuts and........."
She cut me off by frantically signing it over and over. My temper began to rise, as she refused to take my "No" for an answer. Finally, she swallowed.
"Mommy! I was signing cheese for the camera, because my mouth was full!!"
Right. Duh mommy!
"What? Sign it again."
She signed it again. I sighed. "No Rebecca, you cannot have cheese with your picnic. You already have peanuts and........."
She cut me off by frantically signing it over and over. My temper began to rise, as she refused to take my "No" for an answer. Finally, she swallowed.
"Mommy! I was signing cheese for the camera, because my mouth was full!!"
Right. Duh mommy!
Comments