Okay, so I know that I brag too much about Rebecca and that an awful lot of people think that I exaggerate her abilities........... We started school with her this year. An hour of calendar, practicing letters, reading a little bit about science or history, and then letting her read to me. We were running late on Thursday, so I was still praying when 9:00 came and Rebecca wanted to start school. I offered that she could sit with me while I said the Divine Office. She sat with me and did all the repetitive parts. But I decided to let her read one simple antiphon by herself (the title of this entry). She happily complied.......... and kept going. Ring out your joy to God our strenth, shout in triumph to the God of Jacob Raise a song and sound the.......... (it's "timbrel", Rebecca) timbrel, The sweet sounded harp and the lute Blow the trumpet at the new moon when the moon is full, on our feast. For this is......... um...... ( Israel) yeah........ law, A command to the God ...
There's a nifty little button at the bottom right of each post that says, "0 Comments" Notice, it ALWAYS says ZERO comments. If you click on said button, it will take you to another screen with another nifty little button that say, "Post a Comment" If you click on THAT button, then you can write interesting, witty, and flattering things about the author and her subjects. Once you do that, you click "publish comment" and viola! Now the first nifty button will say "ONE Comment" Yes, you too can change the world with just a few simple clicks of a mouse. In other words, PANDER PEOPLE! Because I'm quite sure I'm not just talking to myself here, am I?
While we were driving yesterday, Rebecca interrupted Steven and I and asked "Excuse me. May I please have permission to talk out loud?" (Let me note that this is not something that she regularly asks or that either of us has ever said. No clue where she got that idea. So we happily gave her permission.) "I would like to talk to you about colors" As this is the first line of conversation when she wants a "talk-over" and it begins to get stale, we declined the opportunity. "How about shapes?" Above statement holds true for the second line of conversation. "All right then. Can we talk about the budget?" To which Steven quickly laughed, "Um. NO! It's Saturday and I'm on vacation! I'm not discussing anything about the budget." Pause. "All right. Then we'll talk about taxes." **************************************** We told this story at the family party yesterday and someone thought that she m...
Comments