The Journeys of Martin Theodore Gato

 

When one travels with small children, one gets used to getting some dirty looks, some smiles or flirting with the children, and a whole lot of people ignoring you.  When one travels with a kitten though, it's decidedly different.  




Honestly, I kind of expected a few people to be very peeved (whether justifiably due to allergies, or just being curmudgeonly) and a few people mildly bemused.  Instead, we heard some version of  




"Hey, I just saw you. 

And this is crazy. 

I have a camera. 

Can I take a photo maybe?" 





in more languages than I've ever learned or tried to. I can tell you that I heard people talking about the cat in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian (or some similar Slavic language), German, French, and Italian.








We caused mild traffic accidents inside the airport terminals.  Lines formed behind us at restaurants and shops -where we weren't even buying anything! -  because employees stopped to flirt with Martin.   

The airport employee who helped push Irene through the airport thought it was hysterical.  



And Martin got many Instagram followers that day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.