Paris, the city of lovers, is glowing this evening.

Since we drove through the Black Forest, we figured we needed to get some Black Forest Cake. Unexpectedly, it's actually called Scharztwalder Kuchen. We totally forgot to get pictures, though.


 Crossing the border into France was a disconcerting and humbling experience for me. ORiginally we had only intended to spend two days in Paris - and I was so focused on the beginning part of the trip - I didn't learn any French. Why I didn't study at least the polite niceties, I don't know. I blame it on utter stupidity.

Anyhow, we arrived in Paris and expected to have an hour to kill before we met our apartment owners. However, we didn't think about the fact that we were arriving at 5:30pm on a Thursday. So we got to enjoy an hour of scenic Paris traffic.

The real excitement was that our apartment in Paris is in one of the tallest buildings in the city. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgues_de_Flandre

And we were on the 26th floor. The view was amazing. But the balcony did make me a bit nervous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.