James James Morrison Morrison.....
(in case any of you are unfamiliar with the quote, I link to the poem: Disobedience)
I've come down with a gloriously unromantic headcold. Since Steven will not be home until late this evening, it is left to me to feed and tuck in two certain smalls of my acquaintance. I suggested that we all go to bed early. And perhaps I could even read them a bit of Narnia tonight. Rebecca was not amused.
"Mama. You're feeling sick. You should go to bed."
"I can read to you. I'm not that sick."
"Mama....... You need to go to bed!"
"I can read to you before we all go to bed."
sigh "Okay. But only maybe half a chapter."
Something really seemed wrong with that conversation.
I've come down with a gloriously unromantic headcold. Since Steven will not be home until late this evening, it is left to me to feed and tuck in two certain smalls of my acquaintance. I suggested that we all go to bed early. And perhaps I could even read them a bit of Narnia tonight. Rebecca was not amused.
"Mama. You're feeling sick. You should go to bed."
"I can read to you. I'm not that sick."
"Mama....... You need to go to bed!"
"I can read to you before we all go to bed."
sigh "Okay. But only maybe half a chapter."
Something really seemed wrong with that conversation.
Comments