I have awesome kids

We were reading the Hershey's Chocolate Bar Book of Fractions today. This book uses the example of a chocolate bar to show how one whole can be broken into different fractions (half, thirds, quarters, etc) The first thing they do is break it into twelve small peices. The book then asks the question, "Which would you prefer -- one twelfth of a chocolate bar or eleven twelfths?"

Jonathan replied, "I want one twelfth"
"Really? Do you think you'd like to have eleven pieces? Or just one piece?"
"Just one piece."
"Are you SURE? Why do you only want one?"
"Because eleven pieces is too much and it will make me sick. You say we shouldn't eat too much candy. So I'll just eat one piece."

I really do have great kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.