Further Adventures of Faker Boy

One of the side benefits of having taught my children American Sign Language is that when I get sick and lose my voice, I can still communicate with them. At least in theory. Jonathan has always had an issue with signing. He understands it and can sign, but doesn't like to. We've never pushed it before, since it's not a hill to die on.

Last week, I totally lost my voice. It was gone. So for several days, I was almost exclusively signing to my family. Rebecca would translate for Bronwyn when needed. This conversation ensued on the last day of my out-of-commission-ness. All comments in red were signed.

"Jonathan, please clear off your dishes."
"A book?"
"No, your dishes. Please clear off the table and go up to quiet time."
"You are going to read me a book?"
"No. YOU are going to pick up your dishes and put them on the counter and then go to quiet time."
"I will go choose a book for you to read to me!"
"Jonathan, do you need to be punished?"
(insert voice of total astonishment here) "OH! You mean my DISHES!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.