More Rebecca moments
At the start of our schoolyear, Rebecca and I sat down and discussed what subjects she wanted to study this year. We talked about the different kinds of Social Studies and she requested learning Geography. We talked about books that we could read and she requested history books like American Girls and the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. We talked about science and she requested physics. Right. She wanted to learn about gravity. I nicely informed her that that was Daddy's realm and I have no desire to become qualified to attempt to teach physics on a first grade level. So we compromised and she said she'd do physics next year. (Gee. Thanks.) And this year we'd study zoology.
At the library, we poured over the 590.7 section of the kids' non-fiction and chose a few books about animals and their habitats. Opposite of 590 was 296.4. Books on world religions. Which reminded me that I had wanted to get a few books to discuss with the kids.
I had been handing the books to Rebecca and then fitting them into my bag. However, there wasn't quite enough room for the last book, so I had her carry it up. She rushed up to Miss Mary at the check out desk and happily says, "This is my book for school! We're learning about animals and zoology!" and hands her a copy of We Celebrate Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur.
I didn't realize when I signed up to teach this that I would be teaching animal sacrifice. Most kids would just take a course in dissection.
At the library, we poured over the 590.7 section of the kids' non-fiction and chose a few books about animals and their habitats. Opposite of 590 was 296.4. Books on world religions. Which reminded me that I had wanted to get a few books to discuss with the kids.
I had been handing the books to Rebecca and then fitting them into my bag. However, there wasn't quite enough room for the last book, so I had her carry it up. She rushed up to Miss Mary at the check out desk and happily says, "This is my book for school! We're learning about animals and zoology!" and hands her a copy of We Celebrate Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur.
I didn't realize when I signed up to teach this that I would be teaching animal sacrifice. Most kids would just take a course in dissection.
Comments
great story!