The silliness of drinking coffee

So, being the stodgy married couple that we are, Steven and I had a date last night...... at home.

We used our free Starbuck's coupons to get drinks and the plan was to watch the extended edition of Return of the King. Our first mistake was to buy the drinks too early. We were taking dinner to Steven's sister and family, since she just had a baby. We stopped at the store to buy her some flowers and since I was already there, I might as well get the drinks, right?

Wrong. Not only did the kids whine and complain for the entire drive that THEY wanted some coffee, but the drinks managed to dribble and spill all over the cupholders. Ick. My second mistake was to order the wrong drink. I got a Frappuccino. A Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. And iced Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. Usually one of my favorite drinks and perfect for a laid back evening, right?

Wrong. I forgot that it was about 35 degrees outside. Not exactly "milkshake weather" Also, since we still had to drop off dinner, my drink began to lose its iciness. And, unlike Steven's Caramel Apple Cider, you can't really reheat a Frappuccino, nor can I think of any way to "re-ice" it. So I had to drink sorta lukewarm coffee. I ended up drinking it before we even started the movie, in hopes that I would be able to enjoy some sembalance of coldness. Of course, relating to Frappuccinos, they are caffinated, which was my third mistake. There isn't that much caffine in it, right?

Wrong. And so, despite the fact that we didn't get to sleep until well past two, I woke thoroughly by about 5:45, with no hope of falling back asleep.

Which is why you find me here, at 8:30 am on a Saturday morning, watching my kids terrorize and mess up my family room, while I type on the computer and try to figure out how to get rid of this immense headache that I've got.

I should've gotten a 4-shot of Everclear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.