Well that's a new one!
Rebecca and Jonathan have been taking ice skating lessons for a little over a year now. Since Rebecca is averse to doing anything which she does not immediately perfect, (wonder where she got that from....) she balks at the idea of "practice makes perfect".
"Rebecca, don't forget to work on your T-stops"
"I'm going to become a nun."
"What?"
"I'm going to be a nun, so I don't need to practice."
"Repeat that one more time?"
"Since I'm not going to be a real figure skater and I'm just going to be a nun, I don't need to be good at T-stops. I only have to do hockey stops."
"Rebecca, don't forget to work on your T-stops"
"I'm going to become a nun."
"What?"
"I'm going to be a nun, so I don't need to practice."
"Repeat that one more time?"
"Since I'm not going to be a real figure skater and I'm just going to be a nun, I don't need to be good at T-stops. I only have to do hockey stops."
Comments