And Yet More Jonathan Theology

"I wrote a song. It's called I Love You Lord. And it's a pretty song. It goes
I love you Lord
You are so great.
Full.
Thank you for dying on the cross
To save our souls. "

The lyrics were catchy but the tune would never make it.

************

We have a small bag filled with kids' church books that he can bring with us when we go for Adoration or Confession. In this bag is a small booklet of psalm quotes. Jonathan handed it to me and asked, "Is this the one from when Thomas died" I was confused. "Is this the one that he wrote when Thomas died." I assumed he was talking about a similar book that my friend Suso made as a fundraiser for our friend Lee Ann after her son, Thomas, died in Iraq. When I tried to clarify, he got indignant. "NO! The one that the KING wrote after he KILLED Thomas!"

And the lightbulb went off. Thanks to Veggie Tales, the story of David and Bathsheba has been put into children's language. Except that David's name is now King George, Uriah's name is Thomas, and Bathsheba is a duck. But indeed, Jonathan was correct - he was reading the page from Psalm 51. Written by King David. After he killed Thomas Uriah.

Never correct an emphatic 4 year old. You will almost always be wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.