And the Continuing Adventures of Faker Boy
Jonathan doesn't like writing. (Neither does his sister, actually) And when I have him do his writing work, he insists that he needs help desperately and can't do it unless I trace all the letters first in highlighter. Consequently, we've been sticking with the easy capital letters with straight lines -- H, T, I, X, etc. And yet he still claims incompetence.
I walk into the kitchen the other day and see Jonathan coloring at the table, talking to himself. I start making dinner and his words start entering my consciousness.
" Huh. Huh. H. Oh.....oh....... silent E and O. Wuh, wuh, wuh, uh, uh.....ennnnnn......."
I walked over and looked over his shoulder. On this piece of paper, my son has written (backwards, forwards, upside down, and diagonally, each word going a different direction) nearly legibly and with close to correct capitalization:
Dear James. I hope you hav a wunderful day. Lov, Jonathan.
I think we're going to have serious trust issues as he gets older.
I walk into the kitchen the other day and see Jonathan coloring at the table, talking to himself. I start making dinner and his words start entering my consciousness.
" Huh. Huh. H. Oh.....oh....... silent E and O. Wuh, wuh, wuh, uh, uh.....ennnnnn......."
I walked over and looked over his shoulder. On this piece of paper, my son has written (backwards, forwards, upside down, and diagonally, each word going a different direction) nearly legibly and with close to correct capitalization:
Dear James. I hope you hav a wunderful day. Lov, Jonathan.
I think we're going to have serious trust issues as he gets older.
Comments