It's all in the presentation

Rebecca has been very reticent about doing schoolwork lately. After a long Christmas break dealing with the after-effects of chemo and then being iced in at home and enjoying the snow, we are getting back on track. And she is not happy about it.

We finally sat down and had a heart-to-heart. I told her that the law says she has to go to school. And if she doesn't do her schoolwork at home, then she will have to go to regular school. I will admit that I did stress the negatives of that particular situation. However, as she was whining that doing schoolwork for an hour twice a day means she has no time to play, I felt justified in explaining how much less time she'd have for playing at the public school.

This obviously made an impression, because this morning I overheard this discussion with Bronwyn:

"We need to hurry and finish the Morning Routine! Because if we don't, I won't be able to do my schoolwork. And then I'll have to go to real school! And then I'll have to get up really early in the morning. I'll have catch the bus, so I'll have to wake up at SEVEN O'CLOCK!!!!!!!"

Which is, for some reason, far worse than her usual waking at 6:45.

Comments

Mrs. Pickles said…
Wait, what? Chemo? What am I missing??

Popular posts from this blog

Ring Out Your Joy To God Our Strength

For all those who read this

Coffee Talk. Discuss.