History is her gig
As yesterday was President's Day, which is on Rebecca's calendar, she decided that was what she wanted to talk about over dinner. We discussed our trip to DC and all the things she learned about Presidents and how they are different from kings and what they do and....... yeah, all those good homeschooling teachable moments, right?
After remembering George Washington and George W. Bush and Franklin Delano Roosevelt (he was president during "The Sound of Music war" and he had polio. What more could a girl want?), I asked her who set the slaves free.
"Abraham Lincoln."
"And what was that called? What did he write?"
"The Association Population"
"No, that's not quite it. But it's close."
"Oh, sorry. It's the Annunciation Socialization!!"
I suppose Christ did come to set the captives free....................................
After remembering George Washington and George W. Bush and Franklin Delano Roosevelt (he was president during "The Sound of Music war" and he had polio. What more could a girl want?), I asked her who set the slaves free.
"Abraham Lincoln."
"And what was that called? What did he write?"
"The Association Population"
"No, that's not quite it. But it's close."
"Oh, sorry. It's the Annunciation Socialization!!"
I suppose Christ did come to set the captives free....................................
Comments