Um...... we need some explaination here
Jonathan got a Veggie Tales book for his birthday. It's called God Made You Special and it's all about how each person is special and unique. So Larry is special because he's oval shaped, the French peas because they are French-sounding, Archibald because he's thin, Bob because, though he's round like the peas and Pa Grape, he's red, Laura Carrot because she's orange and has braids, Madam Blueberry because she's blue, Mr. Lunt because he doesn't have eyes, etc.
So, without even thinking about the book, I was discussing how wonderful Rebecca is yesterday and asked her what made her so wonderful and special. She quickly replied, to my heart-stopping horror, "Because I'm white!"
Somehow, I think that statement needs a preface first........................
So, without even thinking about the book, I was discussing how wonderful Rebecca is yesterday and asked her what made her so wonderful and special. She quickly replied, to my heart-stopping horror, "Because I'm white!"
Somehow, I think that statement needs a preface first........................
Comments